1. I was born in Little Rock, AR. (AR= Arkansas; not Arizona)
2. I am 6’2", nearly.
3. I was baptized into the Southern Baptist church when I was eight years old.
4. My first car in 1990 was a 1983 Cutlass Supreme, V-6.
5. My second car was a 1992 4WD Club Cab Dodge Dakota, V-6.
6. My third car is a 1997 AWD Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, V-8.
7. I need a new car.
8. I prefer Labrador retrievers as pets.
9. I hunt ducks, squirrels, snipe, and deer.
10. I love to jog.
11. I also love to read.
12. My parents are divorced.
13. My dad is on wife #4. (this one looks like it’ll stick).
14. Mom is re-married to #2.
15. I have one blood sister, two step-sisters, and a step-brother.
16. The step-sisters are both named Jennifer.
17. I am the oldest of the five siblings.
18. The oldest and youngest of the siblings are the only ones who have never been married.
19. I have never been married and have no kids.
20. Including time in the Army, I have lived in Missouri, North Carolina, Georgia, and Arkansas.
21. I was a political professional at one time. I worked in Ralph Reed’s firm in Duluth Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta.
22. I watched the Clinton impeachment vote in Ralph’s office.
23. I was an economic developer at one time.
24. I acted in a semi-professional touring group called the Studio Players.
25. Our show was ‘Grease.’ I played Sonny Lattieri, a drunken womanizing braggart.
26. I lost my virginity at 16.
27. I grew up in a suburb of Little Rock, called Sherwood.
28. I have only been to one rodeo in my life.
29. I like to hike and canoe, especially in the Ozarks.
30. I love the Arkansas Mississippi River Delta culture--blues, bbq, and good times.
31. I like boiled crawfish, but am impatient with all the time it takes to eat them.
32. I was in the U.S. Army Reserves.
33. I was an airborne paratrooper part of that time.
34. I never saw combat or shot anyone.
35. In Arkansas, I have lived and/or worked in Little Rock, North Little Rock, Sherwood, Jonesboro, Pine Bluff, Pocahontas, and Monticello.
36. I was president of the student body at Arkansas State University.
37. Yes, I have met Bill Clinton.
38. Yes, I consider myself a Republican.
39. I am starting to feel isolated by both major political parties.
40. My mother’s family is in southwest Oklahoma and Indiana.
41. Mom has moved to Dunwoody, GA, Suburb of Atlanta.
42. Dad has moved to Hot Springs, AR. Resort town, retiree area, and former ‘Geneva’ of American gangsters.
43. I was the youngest certified ‘Master Gardner’ in the state through the U. of A. Cooperative Extension program. I was 17.
44. I love gardening and landscaping.
45. I spent half of a summer as a volunteer at the Japanese Garden, Seiwa-En, at the Missouri Botanical Gardens, in St. Louis, MO.
46. I am a 2nd degree black belt in Shorin Ryu Kenshin Kan Karate-do and Kobudo.
47. I have not been in a lot of fights. I have used what I learned judiciously to ease away from a potentially violent situation and to break up fights.
48. I am named for both of my grandfathers.
49. My favorite author is Lord Byron.
50. My favorite American classic is ‘To Kill A Mockingbird.’
51. I lived through the era that HBO chronicled as ‘Bangin’ in Little Rock.’ It was bad.
52. I spent three weeks in Honduras as part of a small humanitarian team of the U.S. Army.
53. When life gives me lemons, I make lemonade.
54. I have been in love more than once.
55. Love discontinued hurts intensely, but I chase it still.
56. I believe very strongly in God and what the Bible teaches, but do not follow him nearly as well as I should.
57. I like to dance.
58. My favorite shoes are my boots.
59. My second favorite shoes are my leather sandals.
60. My daddy’s people are from Atkins, Arkansas--formerly known as the pickle capital of the world.
61. I write poetry.
62. I’m as comfortable in a suit as I am in my blue jeans.
63. I have ridden a horse.
64. I have ridden a mechanical bull.
65. The bull threw me, the horse didn’t.
66. I have never used an illegal drug.
67. I have had plenty of opportunities to.
68. I dated the same girl in high school through my junior and senior years.
69. We broke up when I discovered she had stolen $1,575 dollars from me using my ATM card.
70. I like to look at the night sky. My favorite object is Venus.
71. I am a Pisces.
72. My degree is in political science.
73. I played football, basketball, and track in high school.
74. I was better at the speech tournaments.
75. My best events were extemporaneous speaking, original oratory, and solo acting.
76. My favorite beer is Shiner Bock.
77. My favorite fruit is watermelon. I can eat it on one side of my mouth and spit the seeds out the other side. You’re impressed I can tell.
78. I have been on many a farm, but never lived on one.
79. I have no tattoos, piercings, or other artificial embellishments.
80. My Papa wasn’t a rolling stone. He is a firefighter.
81. I was raised as the oldest child. In reality, I was the middle child; my older sister died at childbirth.
82. I have seen a few ghosts, but not of her.
83. I’d love to live in NYC, Chicago, San Antonio, or Austin for a while.
84. I have seen the lady who is my ‘meant to be’ in my dreams.
85. I still haven’t seen her in person.
86. She is brunette, thus I wish girls would stop bleaching/coloring the hair blonde so often.
87. I don’t watch much TV except for NBC Thursdays, Fox News, CNN, and the Sunday morning talk shows.
88. Some of my favorite old movies are Casablanca, Breakfast At Tiffany’s, The Green Berets, and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
89. Yes, I have been to Graceland. No, I was not impressed.
90. I did a thesis on shotgun houses.
91. I also did one on political campaigning in the context of festivals.
92. My mother is a network engineer. She started out as an operator for Southwestern Bell.
93. She works for Cingular Wireless now. Do not contact me if you’re having issues with your Cingular Wireless service. She doesn’t help me either.
94. My favorite plant is a tree. My favorite tree is the white oak.
95. I haven’t dated exclusively in over a year (as of late May ’03)
96. I am not allergic to anything. Including poison ivy.
97. I have never broken a bone or had surgery.
98. I live by myself.
99. One of my favorite things to do is to get a big slice of watermelon, drive out to the lake, and watch the sunrise.
100. I really, really dislike broccoli and brussel sprouts.
---and one to grow on!
101. I want to be married and have kids...some day.